Royal Visit - Reactions

Matt Smith said:

It was great to welcome The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to set today. Showing them how to fly the TARDIS was a real treat and something I never thought I would be doing when I first took on the role. The Prince of Wales said he remembers watching the show when he was 15 and seemed very knowledgeable on the Who history, so it’s nice to think they are watching.

Jenna Coleman said:

Meeting The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today was such an honour. The Prince was particularly interested in the mechanics of how the TARDIS works and the storyline for the upcoming 50th anniversary special, but I didn’t give too many secrets away

Steven Moffat said:

I haven't thought about how I could weave a meeting between the Doctor and the royal family. But Prince Charles's attempt at being a Dalek was great. There would be a part in the show for him if he wanted it.